August 28, 2006

My new blog

I have always been fascinated by the unknown and the unexplained. Probably that's why I love scary movies. When people talk of the unexplained, the TV series 'X-Files' immediately comes to mind. Recently our cable TV has been showing the series 'Supernatural' which is about 2 brothers going from town to town solving mysteries of the unexplainable. Whether you are a believer or a sceptic, all of us desire the truth....and as the saying goes 'The Truth is out there'.

I have started a new blog which basically lists stories of this nature. I call my blog 40ana (pronounced as Forteana). Forteana is a term which is used to refer to all strange and anomalous phenomena. The word comes from Charles Fort (1874 - 1932) who is like the father of paranormal investigations. For over thirty years, Fort sat in the libraries of New York and London, assiduously reading scientific journals, newspapers, and magazines, collecting notes on phenomena that lay outside the accepted theories and beliefs of the time.

To make it more interesting, I hope my friends and readers will share their experiences as well.

No comments: